Friday, November 7, 2008

My Niece/Nephew

I want to preface this blog by saying that I hope Shawn and Sara aren't mad, but I felt compelled to write and to share with others.

My brother and sister-in-law are adopting!!! They have been on a waiting list since spring, and have been preparing for their newborn to join their family! As I read their latest blog, I started thinking-how patient people they are. Awaiting one phone call to totally change their lives. I am also anxious to be an aunt! And I may be 1400+ miles away, but I will spoil them!!! I admire them for staying so positive and preparing. My sister-in-law is more of a planner than I even am!

I wanted to share this with whoever out there reads my blog. If you have any advice, encouragement, or just want to watch a beautiful story unfold-please read their blog! Also, there has been an article in their town about them and their preparation. You can read it here

I also wanted to say this:
Shawn and Sara are two amazing people who I admire more than they know. They are so strong, and care so much for each other and their children they have yet to meet. They are both teachers who are passionate about their students and love what they do. I love being around them and playing games, acting like kids, sledding and spending holidays together. They are two people in my life I wish I got to see more and hate that we are so far apart. I cannot wait to meet my niece(s) or nephew(s), and patiently wait with them, praying that God will bring them their baby soon. 

4 comments:

partyoffivetn said...

I do hope they get that call soon..I remember becoming an Aunt...it is so special...

Sara said...

Thank you so much Gina. Shawn called me and told me to check out your blog-it made me cry. Thank you so much for praying for us and spreading the word.

P.S. I am really not that great of a planner. I am just really excited to be a mom!

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

What a fabulous aunt you will be!

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

BTW--your blog looks fabulous and that was a sweet story in the paper about your brother and sister in law!